Welcome! Buying a new home can be quite overwhelming but here at Wisdom Real Estate, we are here for you every step of the way. I will go over in detail what you can expect when purchasing a new home.
First let me tell you a little about ourselves:
We are a team oriented brokerage firm, striving to provide the highest level of Honest and Ethical service to all of our clients. We emphasize a “Green” office mentality, not only to preserve our world, but also to help keep up with the speed of life as technological advances continue to impact every aspect of our lives. All of our agents are members of the National Association of Realtors, who are held to a higher standard of conduct and adhere to a strict code of ethics during all interactions. Our no pressure approach to real estate is one of many traits which sets us apart from our competition.
Want to meet our awesome team of agents? Click here to see our bios and find our contact information.
As a locally owned business in Denver, CO, we pride ourselves on what separates us from the rest of the companies out there.
EDUCATION: Our goal is to educate you on the market, not “sell you a home.” This allows you to make an informed decision when the time is right for you.
PERSONALIZED: Unlike other firms who set up automated searches, we manually search for our clients everyday.
TEAMWORK: When you commit to working with one of our agents, our entire team commits to you. Whether directly or indirectly, working with a team of buyer specialists, provides more flexibility for viewing homes. We are happy to set up private showings on any property usually on the same day.
INITIATIVE: We are continuously previewing neighborhoods and new listings to provide first hand knowledge about the property. If we believe the home is a “HOT” property, you can rest assured that you will be the first to know about it. By previewing neighborhoods extensively, we can provide you with the most up-to-date market trends.
COMMUNICATION: Through frequent and open dialogue, we are here to listen to your needs. We realize that your search criteria may change during your home buying experience, and we can instantly modify your searches.
NETWORKING: We have an extensive network of resources, allowing direct access to down payment assistance programs for any first time home buyers. We also work with numerous other skilled professionals who are always happy to answer any questions for you.
REGISTERED: Wisdom Real Estate is a HUD registered Brokerage firm allowing you to submit offers on HUD homes, often saving buyers thousands of dollars.
EXPERIENCE: Our team has extensive experience buying Short Sale and Foreclosed properties.
SUCCESS: Wisdom Real Estate has done over $100 Million in sales in the Denver Metro Area.
APPRECIATION: We truly value our clients business, and to show our gratitude, we frequently host client appreciation events and social gatherings. This gives us an opportunity to get to know you as more than just clients.
Not sure what to expect with the Home Buying Process?
1. Getting Prequalified/Preapproved:
- Chatting with a lender early in the process avoids any potential surprises once you get to the closing table.
- Makes your offer stronger in an ultra competitive market.
2. Finding you a home:
- Manual MLS searches on a daily basis
- Frequent previewing of neighborhoods and “HOT” homes
- Access to our real time MLS via your own personal Matrix Portal We work as a team, which offers multiple options for showing times.
3. Writing an offer:
- Education, Education, Education!!! The neighborhood and more directly, recent trends in those neighborhoods, are what determines a strong offer.
- Electronic contracts allow us to be very mobile, and very efficient with offer submission time frames (another screen shot).
- Negotiating on your behalf and looking out for your best interests
4. Under contract:
- We have a systematic approach including extensive checklists to ensure every transaction is repeatable, organized, and as “Simple” of a process as possible.
- We will take care of scheduling and coordinating the most convenient time for you as possible
- Through constant communication with all parties involved, it is our goal to make what can be a very stressful process, as easy and smooth as possible.
- You’ll just have to be patient for this one! We don’t just disappear after you close, and we truly want you to feel like friends rather than clients!
Lastly, let’s go over Common Costs Associated with Purchasing a Home.
1.) EARNEST MONEY:
- Typically 1% of the purchase price.
- Collected up front and applied toward your final contribution at closing.
- General Inspection- $300-$400 depending on the size of the home
- Radon Testing- $150
- Sewer Scope- $135
- Structural Engineer- ranges from $180-$400 depending on whether you need a written or just verbal report.
- Roof Inspection- no cost
- $300-$600 depending on the purchase price of the home. Sometimes collected up front by your lender, or it simply gets added to your final closing costs
4.) CLOSING COSTS:
- Lender Fees- Variable. It’s very important to discuss this item during your pre-approval or pre-qualification process
- Transaction fees/ recording fees and title fees: Variable, but not collected up front
- Prepaid Items- home owners insurance, prorated taxes, HOA fees- variable, but not collected up front.
- Depending on the type of financing you choose, this could be as low as 3.5% of the purchase price
6.) MOVING EXPENSES: variable.
We hope this information has helped. Please do not hesitate to contact Wisdom Real Estate with any of your questions.
Phone number: 720-252-3854
Check out our client testimonials here! We are the #1 reviewed realtor on Trulia!