Ever wonder what a home inspection entails? Listen to Jason Collins give some info on what to expect with a home inspection as home buyers.
Here are some general home inspection items you can expect during the process:
- Construction of walls, ceilings, floors, roof and foundation.
- Wall covering, landscaping, grading, elevation, drainage, driveways, fences, sidewalks, fascia, trim, doors, windows, lights and exterior receptacles.
Roof and Attic.
- Framing, ventilation, type of roof construction, flashing and gutters. It does not include a guarantee of roof condition nor a roof certification.
- Identification of pipe materials used for potable, drain, waste and vent pipes. including condition. Toilets, showers, sinks, faucets and traps. It does not include a sewer inspection.
Systems and Components.
- Water heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, duct work, chimney, fireplace and sprinklers.
- Main panel, circuit breakers, types of wiring, grounding, exhaust fans, receptacles, ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Dishwasher, range and oven, built-in microwaves, garbage disposal and, yes, even smoke detectors.
- Slab, walls, ceiling, vents, entry, firewall, garage door, openers, lights, receptacles, exterior, windows and roof.
**For more information call us at 720-252-3854 and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Page!